Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Confessions of a fashionista: The day I shared a taxi with Alexander McQueen and didn't even realise it

Alexander McQueen was introduced to me as 'Lee' - I had no idea who he was
Unforgettable: Alexander McQueen was introduced to me as 'Lee' - I had no idea who he really was
The second person I met working in fashion was Alexander McQueen. Except, I didn't know who he was back then. 
I accidentally accident become the industry relative work experience, I read a strange composed of fashion, slavishly see sex and the city. I do not know their participation, likes looking at the internal workings of the charm of the machine. I feel very charming winter, they created the designer's scene, complete the snow, in August. Clothes, give, costume designer casually processing is so expensive, sell, then they'll skip my student debt.

Fresh from university and a luxury retailers graduate program, I was assigned to assist creative director clerk directory.

When my camp boss explained, 70 (nast printing machine fashionable publishers), is my awe - inspired directory. I carefully observe the polishing, beautiful team members visited. But I am too shy and unimportant to speak to anyone.

My role is illegal. I'll pack props, clothes and returned to PRs, based on the information for my boss to go and fetch him coffee from his favourite cafe.

I still cringe when I think I have to ask about London dialling code, doing my first telephone. Say I am green is an understatement. The most conspicuous is my first few weeks found discarded, perfect lulu guinness paper carrier bag, and use it to put my sandwich into work.

One night, my boss to write to me at the station, the taxi, he and his friends were to a nearby bar. I climbed to find this guy behind looks a little familiar, but I can't recall him. He is a friend of my boss's boyfriend, and introduces lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment