Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fleurs Fraîches at the Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent, Paris

A landscape painted on David Hockney's iPad
 
Image 1 of 3
A landscape painted on David Hockney's iPad  
Still life painted on David Hockney's iPad
 
Image 1 of 3
Still life painted on David Hockney's iPad  
David Hockney
 
Image 1 of 3
David Hockney: 'I draw flowers as if in a little sketchbook, then send them to 15 or 20 people'  
This summer, one day I have a message David hockney. The top write: "I'll send you today's this afternoon, an absurd sentence I know, but you know what I mean." Later on it duly arrived: pale pink, lavender and apricot cloud floating in Yorkshire a the sunshine coast summer day. Like, tunner, luminous, colored glass and for the high technology as any art, is the world today. Hockney can in his paintings.
Still life painted on David Hockney's iPad
Landscape painted on David Hockney's iPad
He first started using that Apple gadget in late 2008. Since then he has produced hundreds of drawings on his iPhone and – beginning last spring – on his iPad, too. Some of these will go on show next week in an exhibition David Hockney: Fleurs Fraîches at the Fondation Pierre Bergé - Yves Saint Laurent, Paris (Oct 21 to Jan 30).
Title from a hockney's favorite quotes from last season's first half. "I painted flowers every day in my apples," he told me, "and send them to my friends, so they get flowers every morning. My flowers last. I can not only draw them as in small your exercise-books, can I have sent 15 or 20 people, and let them that morning, they wake up."

No comments:

Post a Comment