Thursday, October 28, 2010

Abercrombie & Fitch in 'eugenics' legal battle with prosthetic arm student

Abercrombie & Fitch in 'eugenics' legal battle with prosthetic arm student

A law student with a prosthetic arm, Riam Dean, claims she was forced to work in the stockroom of US clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch over its strict "look policy".

Riam Dean: Abercrombie & Fitch in legal battle with prosthetic arm student
Riam Dean says she was discriminated against because she has a prosthetic arm Photo: AP
The 22-year-old woman told her employment tribunal's "questioned her value as a human", she is in the stockroom work of company's flagship Savile in London.
Miss, who was born, the director, said she left forearm special permission granted, lacking in a garment cap in her arms. But later she from workshop and work in the stockroom because cardigan not strict dress code.
She told the court her, she felt "at" the manager told her that she can return to the shop floor shop, if her coat.
"I feel that my personal shame, not ease, arguments, I could never win," she said.
"Teach me, and beauty is abercrombie perfect, but I'll tell them, beauty is diversified, because I would rather live in my defects, such as in blatant ugliness than they display the policies and practices."
Miss director. He has just finished her final exam on Mary, university of London, is seeking employment tribunal for disability discrimination in central London.
She said she would have been listening, until she and company's legal qualification is complete, if she didn't leave her work.
The dean said, lose her to leave the company "is not the same individual, her."
"I don't want to social," she said.
"If I go outside the house. I feel very consciously, I'll wear long coat cover up, although it is summer.
"I know I need another job, but I couldn't face refuse again.
"I began to think that my arm is always let me such trouble.
"I am always ready to children are curious about me, but to face the defect of adult bullying, no one can help me get such a dollar."
Abercrombie & fitch yet before the court accused the response of the company, a spokeswoman said the dean missed of portraiture was "accuracy".

No comments:

Post a Comment