Friday, February 18, 2011

Who would you Jimmy Choos?

Well, obviously I do, because I'm involved. To produce the list the world is divided into a couple of dozen regions, and a panel of 30 or so foodies - journalists, chefs, restaurateurs - from each region are invited to nominate five restaurants. Some must be from within their own region, some from outside. Voters can only nominate a restaurant if they have visited it within the previous 18 months. Who would you Jimmy Choos? Photograph: David Sillitoe
This year I chaired the British panel, a somewhat less than onerous task. To keep breathing life into the event, the organisers try to change 30% of the panel each year, so I merely got to choose who those voters were. Obviously I exercised this right with extreme prejudice, packing it full of people I reckoned knew enough about restaurants around the world to justify giving them a vote, and then brutally excluding a few others to make way for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment