Friday, October 22, 2010

Shopping of the future

Style-savvy shoppers now prefer online retail therapy. LIZ JONES reports for Lifestyle on which sites are hot and which are not:

I've been a bit suspicious about shopping online. I am very disappointed, first by Ocado Christmas day, they came to an hour late, I forgot my green and dark chocolate, biscuit, most serious, the amazon, despite promises to x-box 360 for my nephew of nine by December 24th, failure, this means that I must do last attempt to Oxford street to buy a car. I haven't fully recovered. ?
But, obviously, many people staring at you give up by the great men, and suspected broken you miss thin research of the curtain, change the room at the moment you have found you cannot put a pair of denim cloth skinnies past, knee has your credit card cut in two in front of you.
Due to the above all women, because there is no longer any time (we should not only buy all things in our lunch time, we must also in an inch of our life, to go to the gym, I wish it was in the 1950s, we can all go housewife), it is revealed last week that online shopping in Britain attacks £1.2 billion mark in 2006, increase online fashion market only five years 461 percent.
According to Joe Evans, interactive media group President, said she wished the online retail sales growth at both ends of the market, the shop like fashion sell cheap, hymall launch site and high-grade brand fashion, such as sales growth, rich, poor pursue customer time.
Richard allowance, director of research in commercial retail analysts argue that the reasons, we began to buy fashionable online is because of increased confidence. We are doing a little consumption, such as books and CDS, graduation project costing hundreds of pounds.
He also thinks online shopping is our desire for weekly magazine) increased (not too much hard work instant gratification.
I have bought a dress, but before that, I show my girlfriend here the date as a box of fuzzy feeling. My friend, Harriet, the 30-year-old characteristics, buy red magazine editor of all her clothes and accessories online. She found online shopping "practical, simple, so far, I haven't regret it."
Most websites, easy to use, you almost always receive the things, they often give you a sticker and envelope, if you want to send something back. I won't panic online shopping, I spend a lot of time and pressed into things is not suitable for me.
Of course, you won't get that instant shopping rush, but at least you don't have to deal with this terrible illumination and the mirror in the dressing room. "I really have great feet, and have more luck finding my size will do." Her favorite site? "Topshop, followed by faith, the oasis.
My friend, Lucy, also cannot drive into town of dreams, from her home in the cotswolds old-fashioned way to store. "In my shop asp.net - A - ranks - very easily, if it doesn't fit you, you can send it back, but I refused to express often finally said," so, not suitable for you? I have to stop using it. Bigotry,
"I feel good, next to the children, the micro boden. Unfortunately, boden dress looks don't fit me, either - size is - but Isabel oliver for pregnancy is the best."
And so, as an online sceptic, and with one day to go before I fly to New York for the ready-to-wear shows, I thought I would put virtual designer shopping to the test.
My first stop was Matches, one of my favourite boutiques in the world. I found the site easy to use if rather slow (the pages didn?t respond to shouting), and the selection of designers second to none (although no Prada, unfortunately).
Lots of things are still in the sale, and I found a lovely black wool sleeveless dress by Bottega Veneta (in my size!), for £498 reduced from £1,215. P&P was free, but the site gave no indication when my dress would actually arrive.
Next stop was Browns, and I have to say it has the best selection of designers I could find, the only site as far as I could tell that stocks Dries van Noten, my current favourite (Liberty, which has the best selection of Dries in the country, doesn?t yet sell online; neither, by the way, do Zara or Selfridges).
I bought a navy pinstripe Dries jacket down to £225 from £445 (this site also has the most detailed descriptions on the web: it tells you exactly where a jacket will fall on your thigh, the colour of the lining, the name of the goat the cashmere was combed from), Dries mannish shoes down from £260 to £105, and a Marni jacket with a thin brown belt for £455 (the close-up pictures mean you can examine every fastening and button in minute detail).
P&P was free, and because I live in London and ordered before 3pm (at 11.31am, to be exact), I was assured I would receive the items the same day. Browns was the first parcel to arrive, at 4.15pm, in a stiff brown carrier.
Everything fits, there are no nasty surprises thanks to the close up pictures, and I particularly love my Dries jacket, which is all soft and slouchy (I do find being lit by candles and gazing at oneself in an antique crackled mirror so comfortingly flattering).
My favourite site, though, has to be Net-A-Porter, which was founded on a shoestring in June 2000 by Natalie Massenet, an enterprising former fashion editor, and which has managed to double its turnover every year, with sales of nearly £50m in 2006.
The selection of designers gets better and better (they now sell Miu Miu), and the online magazine means you can see what an item will actually look like on (if only, of course, you have the face and body of a supermodel), before clicking it to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment