Friday, December 10, 2010

Teens Protest Abercrombie & Fitch's Cologne-Filled Stores

  • Today, brave teenagers and students will protest Abercrombie & Fitch's Fifth Avenue flagship for pumping that hideous stench into all of its stores, and transforming them into retail hellscapes. They contend that the disgusting cologne is an environmental hazard. [StyleList]
  • Designers and their Halloween costumes news and information! "My favorite costume was the year I went as a bodega," says Vena Cava's Lisa Mayock. "This year? Still working it out, but I think Jeff Halmos and I are going to be Mario and Luigi from Super Mario Bros." Co-designer Sophie Buhai: "One year I was 'pregnant,' and I just drank and smoked with a very real-looking stomach. It was very offensive and I don't know if people really thought I was in costume. But I thought it was funny! This year I want to be Laurie Anderson and am looking for a good white suit and electric violin." Pregnant! That is disgusting and we love it. [T]
  • Heidi Klum, whose costumes are often elaborate and frightening, is going as some kind of Transformers-inspired robot queen this year. [Catwalk Queen]
  • Peter Som is going as Kermit the Frog! [Harper's Bazaar]
  • In case you thought Snooki's pickle costume might be awesome, here is the good word: It will be lame. It's not even a pickle costume! It's a short, green dress that she will wear while holding "a light-up sceptre in the shape of a pickle." [WWD]

No comments:

Post a Comment