Finally Gucci Group has allowed Sarah Burton to speak! She granted her first interview since becoming head designer at Alexander McQueen — replacing the label's namesake who tragically took his own life in February — to WWD. Burton worked alongside McQueen for fourteen years, having started her career with him when she was still in school at Central St. Martins.
If someone can do the job, this is her, but she, of course, on October 5 in Paris shows that more expectations and pressures faced than most people would think jealousy. But she sounds lovely, modesty, can hope can into work. Stress from her interview:
2011 spring collection will be more "soft".
"I don't think it must have as much anxiety. I think this will become more downy. There will always be this McQueen spirit and nature. But, of course, I am a women may be more from a woman's point of view. There's always a dark, otherwise you don't treasure light. I had a training in the darkness, but I don't think this must be about me. I am a little light."
She never wear drama runway performance.
"That's very lee territory, spectacular performance. In this way, I can't try, pretend to be lee."
Alexander McQueen was not going to an era -- or afraid of sex.
"His ideas from everywhere. It is never mentioned, 'oh, let's see... the Seventies. Lee is about feeling, he storyteller. It has come from you," she said. She rattles from McQueen ease. "Absolute coding sewing, incredible clothing, embroidery, print -- and sexy soon," she said. "Many designers are afraid of sex. Lee is not. It's about a cloth on you, and you will see what you wear McQueen."
No comments:
Post a Comment