Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Over 1,000 Attend Yves Saint Laurent's Funeral

Over 1,000 people gathered in Paris today to bid adieu to Yves Saint Laurent at his funeral at the Eglise Saint-Roche.
Their guests, including French President nicolas sarkozy, first lady Carla Bruni saint Laurent mother, Paris mayor Bertrand delanoe, Mr Chirac madam. Also sitting in the front row is saint Laurent long-term partners, you are my lover, Pierre Berge, who will give a speech:
"This is me the last time you speak, yves.
"I remember the first time we have met, played a crucial role. The day we decided to be together.
"... I remember you in your name first collection, tears at the end. Then years passed. Oh, they passed quickly. Divorce is inevitable, but such love will never end."
"... chanel, you are great couturiers of the twentieth century. Her first half, you the second death.
"... I don't know how to say goodbye, because I will not leave you. We will never see sunset up. We never share the common emotions in a painting. One day I will join you palm tree of Morocco.

The 90-minute quality of huge screen outside the church where all the streets around the Louvre museum. When saint Laurent published coffin outbreak thunderous applause, but the crowd was silent in service.
Other notable designers in attendance included Christian Lacroix, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Valentino, Hubert de Givenchy, Sonia Rykiel, Kenzo Takada, and Alber Elbaz. Many women in attendance wore trouser suits in homage to Saint Laurent's revolutionary design.

No comments:

Post a Comment